European roulette game payouts and odds
The most common version of roulette is the European one. Perhaps because the European roulette odds of winning are higher than in its other varieties. And perhaps because its set of rules turned out to be the most understandable and convenient for players. In any case, it is present, without exceptions, in every single gambling establishment which has table games, and Betvoyager online casino is no exception. There's a standard European roulette for PC and a mobile version for smartphones and tablets.
European roulette table wheel, odds and payouts
This game consists of a wheel (divided into 37 sectors, including zero) and a table with bets. The sequence of numbers on the wheel is random, but the red and black colours alternate. The sequence of numbers is not mathematically derived, it is rather a tribute to tradition. Single zero roulette odds for players are much higher than in the version with a double zero. The house edge in European roulette is only 2.63%, while in the US it is increased to 5.26%.
European roulette bets can be inside or outside ones. The first ones include all the bets on one or several numbers, second ones – on groups of numbers. Some variations also include a separate field for oral orders (called track), which came to European roulette from the French one.
Inside bets on numbers
Distinguished by bigger payouts, but smaller chances of occurrence. European roulette payout table for inside bets is the following:
- one number - 35:1;
- two numbers (adjacent vertically or horizontally) - 17:1;
- three numbers in a row - 11:1;
- four numbers ("squad", four numbers in a row) - 8:1;
- six numbers in a row - 5:1.
Outside bets – groups of numbers.
European roulette payouts on outside bets are much lower, but the chance of winning here is much higher. You can bet on:
- columns of 12 numbers (1st: numbers 1-34 ;2nd: 2-35; 3rd: 3-36) with a payout of 2:1;
- dozens (numbers 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36) with the same payout of 2:1;
- red or black - rewarded 1:1;
- odd and even - 1:1;
- bigger (numbers 1-18) or smaller (19-36) - 1:1.
The last three are also called equal chances bet.
- Zero spiel – covers the zero and three numbers on its sides, four chips are placed altogether;
- Number with neighbours – a chosen number and two adjacent numbers on the roght and on the left are covered with five chips;
- large series (bet on 17 numbers - 0, 2, 3, 4, 7, 12, 15, 18, 19, 21, 22, 25, 26, 28, 29, 32, 35, 9 chips used
- small series - 6 chips block the 8 numbers opposite zero - 5, 8, 10, 11, 13, 16, 23, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36;
- Orphelin - overlapping numbers that would not be used in large and small series - 8 numbers, 5 chips.
Please note that, the same European Roulette can differ at different online casinos in graphics, fields location, betting limits and payouts for oral bets.